We are seeking a skilled and detail-oriented Projectionist to join our team and oversee the operation of audiovisual equipment for a variety of events and presentations. As a Projectionist, you will be responsible for ensuring the accurate setup, calibration, and maintenance of projection systems, screens, and other audiovisual components. Your expertise will contribute to the delivery of high-quality visual experiences that engage and captivate our audiences.
- Set up and configure projection equipment, screens, and audiovisual systems in accordance with event specifications, ensuring optimal image quality and sound clarity.
- Operate and monitor projection equipment during events, presentations, film screenings, and other multimedia productions to ensure seamless playback and visual consistency.
- Manage and troubleshoot technical issues that may arise during setup, rehearsals, or live presentations, making adjustments and repairs as needed to maintain uninterrupted performance.
- Collaborate closely with event organizers, technical directors, and sound technicians to synchronize audiovisual elements and cues for a cohesive and impactful visual presentation.
- Ensure proper handling, storage, and maintenance of projection equipment, including routine cleaning, maintenance checks, and timely reporting of any malfunctions or necessary repairs.
- Collaborate with content creators, video editors, and designers to ensure that digital media files are formatted correctly for projection and meet technical requirements.
- Perform quality checks on projection screens, curtains, and other visual elements to ensure they are free from defects or imperfections that could affect the audience experience.
- Maintain a comprehensive inventory of audiovisual equipment, accessories, cables, and spare parts, and coordinate with the technical team to order replacements as needed.
- Stay updated on the latest trends and advancements in projection technology, video formats, and audiovisual techniques, and recommend equipment upgrades or improvements to enhance visual quality and performance.
- Adhere to all safety protocols and guidelines while operating equipment, handling cables, and moving heavy objects to prevent accidents and ensure a safe working environment.
- Previous experience as a Projectionist or similar role in a theater, cinema, live events, or multimedia production setting is required.
- Proficiency in operating and troubleshooting a wide range of projection equipment, including digital projectors, media servers, video playback systems, and audiovisual switchers.
- Solid understanding of video formats, resolutions, aspect ratios, and codecs, as well as knowledge of video editing and content preparation.
- Strong problem-solving skills to diagnose and resolve technical issues quickly and effectively.
- Detail-oriented and capable of maintaining precise visual and audio synchronization during live presentations.
- Effective communication and teamwork skills to collaborate with fellow technicians, event organizers, and content creators.
- Flexibility to work irregular hours, evenings, weekends, and holidays as required by event schedules.
A high school diploma or equivalent is required. Additional training, certifications, or coursework in audiovisual technology, projection systems, or film production is a plus.
Hourly pay is $30-$40 per hour depending on experience.
Upstage Productions is an equal opportunity employer. We don’t care who you love, who you worship, or what you look like. It’s diversity what makes us stronger. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
To learn more about our commitment to diversity, read our Diversity and Inclusion Statement.