We are seeking a skilled and passionate Sound Technician to join our team and contribute to the seamless production of high-quality audio experiences. The ideal candidate will have a deep understanding of audio equipment, and sound processing, along with the ability to collaborate effectively with artists, producers, and other technical personnel. As a Sound Technician, you will play a pivotal role in ensuring exceptional audio quality for live events, recordings, broadcasts, and other multimedia projects.
- Operate and maintain audio equipment, including microphones, mixers, amplifiers, speakers, and recording devices, to ensure optimal sound quality during performances, recordings, and events.
- Set up and test audio systems before events or recording sessions, ensuring proper functionality and troubleshooting any issues that may arise.
- Collaborate closely with artists, producers, directors, and other team members to understand their audio needs and preferences, and provide expert guidance on microphone placement, equipment selection, and sound design.
- Control sound levels and quality during live events, ensuring that audio output remains clear, balanced, and within acceptable limits.
- Configure and operate recording equipment to capture and produce high-quality audio recordings for various projects, including music albums, podcasts, commercials, and voice-overs.
- Implement sound effects, mixing, and audio editing techniques to enhance the overall audio experience and meet creative objectives.
- Manage and organize audio files, ensuring accurate labeling, storage, and backup to facilitate efficient post-production and future reference.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest developments in audio technology, equipment, and industry trends, and make recommendations for equipment upgrades and improvements.
- Assist in the setup and teardown of audio equipment for events, ensuring efficient and safe handling to prevent damage or accidents.
- Maintain a clean and organized sound booth, studio, or workspace, and ensure all equipment is properly stored and maintained.
- Proven experience as a Sound Technician or similar role in live events, recording studios, or multimedia production.
- Proficiency in operating audio equipment, including mixing consoles, microphones, amplifiers, and speakers.
- Familiarity with digital audio workstations (DAWs) and audio editing software (e.g., Pro Tools, Ableton Live, Logic Pro, Adobe Audition).
- Solid understanding of sound principles, acoustics, and audio signal flow.
- Strong problem-solving skills to troubleshoot technical issues quickly and effectively.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills for collaboration with team members and clients.
- Detail-oriented and organized, with the ability to manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously.
- Flexibility to work irregular hours and weekends, as required by event schedules.
- Physical ability to lift and carry heavy audio equipment and set up sound systems.
A high school diploma or equivalent is preferred. Additional training or coursework in theater, performing arts, or technical production is a bonus.
Hourly pay is $30-$40 per hour depending on experience.
Upstage Productions is an equal opportunity employer. We don’t care who you love, who you worship, or what you look like. It’s diversity what makes us stronger. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.